B & B's in Franschhoek

Sep 16th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

B & B's in Franschhoek

Has anyone stayed at L'Auberge Chanteclair? If so, what did you think? If you liked it, can you suggest a nice room with a view? All opinions welcome. What of other options in this region, by region I mean Franschhoek. Many thanks in advance.
Sep 16th, 2005, 12:56 PM

Hello,

I stayed at Basse Provence, a lovely place situated amongst the vineyards. It was very peaceful, and the room I had was huge. It was a bit outside Franschhoek, however, and when I return I'll probably choose somewhere a bit more central. From what I've read on the Portfolio website, l'Auberge Chanteclair is quite similarly located. If you plan to eat out a lot at some of the restaurants in town, it would be more convenient to stay somewhere in town.

Take a look at www.portfoliocollection.com -- there are a huge number of options for Franschhoek. I spent a month in SA staying in Portfolio properties, and was never disappointed.
Sep 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM

One of South Africa's travel bargains can be found in Franshhoek.

Great self catering cottages in Chamonix vinyard for 175-230 Rand per person per night www.chamonix.co.za

10 minutes walk from the town centre.
Sep 17th, 2005, 01:54 AM

We stayed in Plumwood Inn, in the Vineyard room. We negotiated excellent rates during low season (May) and were really pleased with our room, the location and the friendly service and hosts. Breakfast eas excellent!

http://www.plumwoodinn.com/index2.html

Search this Thread