Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Awesome trip and still not done (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/awesome-trip-and-still-not-done-1019291/)

crlover10 Jul 7th, 2014 10:53 AM

Awesome trip and still not done

Hello Everyone, thanks again for the input that I received and read on here. This trip wouldn't be half of what it is without you. My wife and I are 13 days into our 23 day safari/cultural/beach trip to Kenya and Tanzania. We have visited Maasai Mara, Lake Victoria, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and halfway thru Tarangire. We are also stopping at Arusha and Zanzibar. We have seen the big five and then some. A cheetah paid us a visit on our truck which one of the highlights so far. Our cultural visits are also one of highlights including a hurt with the Bushman.
I been wanting to say hello and thanks but super busy but mostly having no access to wi fi. Better get to bed as we have a early 6 30 hike and almost 10 now.

crlover10 Jul 7th, 2014 11:37 AM

I need to add a special thanks to Safari Infinity and our guide Eric who is just AWESOME. I m so amazed how he can drive and still spot all the wildlife for us. But beyond that he has such a great personality that is always full of laughter. Anyone that is looking for either a TO and a guide I would give them the highest recommendation. If anyone needs more advice on this matter please don't hesitate to either ask on here or privately on my profile.
SI was the best with providing honest, quick, and correct answers and service in anything they did.

sdb2 Jul 7th, 2014 11:49 AM

"A cheetah paid us a visit on our truck which [was] one of the highlights so far."

Bet you're glad you had the 18-135 with you!

Sounds like you're having a blast....that's great!

crlover10 Jul 11th, 2014 08:52 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply but haven't had wi fi access in a good while. I sure am but my best shot came with my zoom lense when he jumped on the truck. I caught him just as he landed on the truck. The funny part was I backed up to try to get a better pic and back up more and fell flat on my butt. I was a little scare but our guide Eric was awesome the whole time telling us we are fine. He said get up and take pics. LOL. So that's what I did and got a few good pics of the whole thing.

sdb2 Jul 12th, 2014 06:03 AM

At least it wasn't your camera that took the brunt of the fall. ;-)

Had to be a gas having the cat on your vehicle! What an op.

crlover10 Jul 19th, 2014 04:48 AM

Thanks, very true sdb2. It doesn't seem like their much interest in a report

sdb2 Jul 19th, 2014 07:11 AM

I don't know about that. Reports may or may not draw lots of comments, but I always figure that what I write may be a resource down the road for someone who's planning a similar trip. Are you home now?

diannelovestravel Jul 19th, 2014 07:59 AM

Great journey! A dream come true: A cheetah on your jeep.. Wow, I'm jealous.. Can't wait to go back!

crlover10 Jul 21st, 2014 09:10 AM

Yes, we are finally back after a grueling 24 hours of flying. Why cant the flight go as fast as the rest of travels in Africa. lol
Yes, it was a incredible journey seeing all the wildlife and also the cultural experiences we had there. The cheetah was one of highlights on our trip for sure.