Awesome Mala Mala

Jul 25th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Awesome Mala Mala

Do yourself a favor and have a look at this weeks sightings at Mala Mala!.Go to MalaMala.com and click on the wildlife cyberdiary from July 17-21,awesome!!!
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:13 AM

Safarinut - it's all your fault.

Even before I saw these pictures you had already convinced me with your enthusiast posts about MalaMala that I HAD to go there.

I called MalaMala this morning to find out the dates their single room is open. Then called Delta to see if they had FF flights that would match up with MalaMala's dates and that I could be gone from work. Got the flight. Called MalaMala back and reserved the room. Now I just need to get with the boss to make sure I can take off work. Oh yes, I guess I need to let my husband know also.

I really didn't want to spend the amount MalaMala charges but because of you (and DeltaFF) I am going to and I know I won't regret it.

Six nights at MalaMala beginning 9-24. Wish me luck that it all works out.
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:02 AM

WAY TO GO Sundowner! That's awesome!

<CLAP>
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:16 AM

Thanks, Kavey. I know you've already been twice this year so you are well aware of the anticipation factor.

I don't know how I'll be able to stand waiting almost two months!

How did you like your Nikon D70? My brother has a N70 and is interested in the D70. I told him you bought one and I would show him your photos when you get them posted. Have you posted them yet?

Jul 26th, 2004, 08:44 AM

Sundowner I found it really wonderful to use - I really love the quick access buttons down the back and the format and everything.

I haven't sorted results etc but if you email me I can show you a few pics taken on it?
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

sundowner

Way to go!!!!

Please request Chris Daphne to be your ranger as he operates the digital camera for Mala Mala.If he isn't available ask for Nils Kure or Leon van Wyk.

Ask to have sundowners(no pun intended)on Cambells koppies,magnificent view!!

My favorite leopard there is Tjololo(the rock drift male)I really hope you get to see this legendary leopard!

Well done with your choice and I know this will be a safari of a lifetime!!
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:07 AM
blacktie

Tell Mark and Elvis at KK hello, and to keep the Range Rover out of the reeds and not to get stuck in the river sands.

Jul 27th, 2004, 02:33 AM

Last night (USA time), I sent an e-mail request for a couple of nights at Mala Mala. And then, I went to Bed to read yet another guide book. It was the "Other F Guide". They gave it 1 star with "Awful" as an adjective for food and No Outdoor Privacy also hotel like atmosphere. 2 stars for Kirkman's and none for the budget like Harry's. (I thought I read that one of them was recently sold and on Mala Mala's site, I thought I only saw Main Camp.) We liked the fact that there were so many hectares. I thought that might reduce the "crowds". The only time I ever saw crowds in Kenya & Tanzania (2001) was in Ngorongoro Crater and I was hoping for the same private/out in the wild experience in SA/Botswana. Awful food is not something I want to pay USD $1,000 for.
If I go there, any suggestion for a good complementing place for another 2 nights - one where we would travel to on Christmas day. Christmas Eve will be at Mala Mala if it works out.

PS. I have a new Nikon CoolPix 5700 & it is proving a real joy. Lots to learn, but I am mechanically challenged which is why I take Chuck with me. Question: I know I am going to take my telephoto lens, but should I lug the wide angle?
I haven't had a chance to see all these pictures yet as I have been so busy reading the forum. I'll dig into those as soon as I make all the reservations.
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:52 PM

My husband and I are planning to go to Mala Mala in April. After reading all the posts, I am really excited. I hope we will be able to see lots of game. I am making a note of the rangers who were mentioned and will ask for one of them.
Jul 28th, 2004, 05:47 AM

safarinut -

I called MalaMala this morning to firm things up and to request the rangers you recommended. FYI, Chris left at the end of May. Nils is now the Regional Manager. Leon is now the Senior Ranger. Shelly, in reservations, said she would try to arrange it for Leon to be the ranger and if not possible, the next best.

So thanks for your help!
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Blacktie

suggest you check on status of Mark, and his partner elvis. Superb!! They are willing to drive anywhere to see game!

Search this Thread