August Tanzania/Kenya Itinerary

Mar 5th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

August Tanzania/Kenya Itinerary

I have been reading all the great tips that all you people have taken the time to post and I'm getting overwhelmed by all the places to see. I'm trying to narrow down my trip to 2-3 weeks. I'll be travelling on my own and want to see a mix of culture and wildlife, and include lodges and permanent tented camps. I'll be leaving Canada at the end of July.I've taken all the information that I've learned from you and tried to put it together. I"d love some feedback about the following itinerary (e.g., places to stay, order of parks, etc.) Thanks a lot in advance!
Day 1 Arrive Arusha
Day 2 Arusha to Tarangire (Kikoti Permanent Tented Camp)
Day 3 Tarangire (Kikoti Permanent Tented Camp)
Day4 Drive to Ngorongoro Crater (Sopa)
Day 5 Ngorongoro Crater (Sopa)
Day 6 Drive to Serengeti (Serena or Kirawira Permanent Tented Camp)
Day 7 Serengeti (Serena or Kirawira Permanent Tented Camp)
Day 8 Serengeti (Serena or Kirawira Permanent Tented Camp)
Day 9 fly to Nairobi (Intercontinental Hotel)
Day 9- I would like to visit Masai Mara (3 days), Lake Nakuru, Samburuóa mix of lodges and permanent tented camps. I donít mind flying between places and am not sure of which order would be best. I donít want to spend many hours driving. Iím thinking that posslibly Masai Mara would be best last and then fly back to Nairobi and spend a day there shopping, etc. Then leave for Canada.
Mar 6th, 2005, 03:28 AM
sandi

Of course, you can add Kenya onto your itinerary once you're arrived back in NBO Whomever you are using for the Tanzania portion should be able to handle this portion.

The distances however, especially up North to Samburu is long, Nakuru no that long. You can drive to Lk. Nakuru for a day or two, then onto Samburu for at least 2-days, from Samburu you can fly to the Mara, spend at minimum 3-nts (preferably 4-nts) here as it will be right in the middle of the Migration period. When your time here is finished, fly back to Nariobi for your homebound flight.

Search this Thread