Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Attn: Mohammed, Sri Lanka (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/attn-mohammed-sri-lanka-770607/)

HariS Mar 3rd, 2009 08:47 AM

Attn: Mohammed, Sri Lanka

Mohammed, I'm truly sorry to hear about the Lahore incident. It is disgusting and completely shocking.

Nobody should travel to or anywhere near Pakistan unless they get out of their denial mode and their inability to tackle the terrorists in their country.

Hope the injured recover soon and go onto play a major role in future Sri Lanka cricket.

Kind regards,
Hari

Selwyn_Davidowitz Mar 3rd, 2009 12:44 PM

Mohammed,

I want to second all that Hari has said. This has been a terrible experience for all and I can but only hope that the whole SL team recover from this horrid incident soon.

My best.

Selwyn Davidowitz

annhig Mar 3rd, 2009 01:34 PM

same here, mohammed.

so difficult to see how the attack went on for so long, but no-one was apprehended.

best wishes, ann

thit_cho Mar 4th, 2009 07:17 AM

Mohammed, I echo what Hari has written.

Its inexplicable how 12 gunmen could escape in motorized rickshaws! The only explanation, at least to me, is that they were somehow allowed to escape.

annhig Mar 5th, 2009 07:27 AM

Chris Broad, who was match referee and in a car /van in the convoy and whose driver was killed, has said the same sort of thing and been roundly criticised for it by Pakistani officials, who threatened to "report him".

strange times we live in. what price the IPL now?

regards, ann

HariS Mar 5th, 2009 07:42 AM

IPL should go on...... with a little varied schedule. Only reason there seems to be some doubt, is that the Indian general elections at the same time and the Govt needs to ensure adequate security to all areas - elections and the cricket.

Yet - IPL is in India. And our Govt should take responsibility in not allowing these idiots to get into our country.

atravelynn Mar 5th, 2009 02:00 PM

I too am shocked, sickened, and saddened.

Mohammed Mar 24th, 2009 01:24 PM

Hey Hi everyone and sorry for not responding to this post earlier, I was not logged in for a few days after a hard disk reformat. The whole Lahore incident is terrible indeed. We were all shocked to see the news here in Colombo. Most of the team is repported to be recovering well. What these terrorists do in the name of religion or whatever is sickening.

annhig Mar 25th, 2009 02:51 PM

good to hear from you mohammed.

are the players who were injured recovered now?

regards, ann

Mohammed Apr 1st, 2009 05:50 AM

Well I just happened to meet Aravinda De Silva over the weekend and he informed that that all the cricketers are recovering well.

HariS Apr 2nd, 2009 09:33 AM

Good to know, Mohammed.

annhig Apr 5th, 2009 01:51 PM

mohammed, that's good news.

are any of the sri lankan players going to SA for the IPL?

regards, ann

PS - Hari - how do indian supporters feel about the IPL going there?

HariS Apr 5th, 2009 06:25 PM

I think we understand the situation - we need to stop the Pakis from getting into our country illegally.

What I fear more is, overseas teams not travelling for future series. Honestly, the IPL is only a minor issue.