attn bushmad

Aug 11th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

attn bushmad

Bushmad
in a search on this board , it seems that you feel dulini is a better lodge than leadwood. Did i undesrstand that correctly?
Is that because it is a better value or even if money was no object you still feel it is a better lodge. Please compare the 2 as i am looking at them for the future. thanks
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:36 PM

Hi mhron

OK, let me start by saying that I believe that the Exeter Group of Lodges are all of incredibly high quality - watch out for them in the years to come as I believe i.m.h.o that they will certainly rival the likes of Londolozi and Singita. We were fortunate enough to stay at both Dulini and Leadwood Lodge. Let me first talk about Leadwood - biggest rooms I have ever seen anywhere, very exclusive, got a more of a Morrocan feel to the decor, staff were exceptional, food was also out of the top drawer, game-viewing brilliant (same area as Dulini). However...personal preference dictates that I enjoy a little more space and more of an african feel, which I felt Leadwood lacked slightly. Dulini on the other hand is exactly what I was looking for. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous - african elegance if you can call it that. Although not as big as Leadwood (can any room ever be?), still ample space, with one's own seperate lounge area and a beautiful bathroom with a view out over a dry river bed. Wonderful large patio area with an awesome plunge pool. Funnily enough, although Leadwood is supposed to be the more personalized lodge, we found Dulini to have more of a personal touch, and we also got one really well with the couple who managed the lodge - wonderful people. As mentioned the game-viewing is equally as brilliant as Leadwood - in 4 days we saw 8 different leopard, 4 different lion prides (total 25) and all the rest of the usual suspects. To end with - Leadwood has been voted 3rd most exclusive lodge in Africa and with good reason - you cannot go wrong with this wonderfully, spectacular lodge, but if it were up to me I would return to Dulini in a heartbeat. Hope this helps somewhat. Bushmad
Aug 12th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your reply, it sounds like i should save samo cash and go with dulini. do you remember if the plunge pools were heated in either dulini or leadwood?

Search this Thread