ATR - Any Word?

Sep 7th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

ATR - Any Word?

Hi guys,

I was just on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree, and I found this post:

---

Does anyone know, what's up with Africa Travel Resource? We've been trying to contact them via e-mail for a couple of weeks now and haven't received any replies.

Is it possible to book the Clove or Coco de Mer hotels (in Stonetown) any other way than through them?

---

I know that alot of people here are dealing with ATR at the moment, and so just wondering whether anyone is having the same trouble?

Sep 7th, 2005, 10:42 AM

Hi always,

I haven't had any problem, but I do wonder if it's a money thing? I had contacted them for a Zanzibar booking, I think, in 2004 and never heard fom them. This time I contacted them re: the whole safari and they were on it right away.

And, by the way, last time I ended up booking my Zanzibar hotel on my own. It was just easier, although my safari op arranged the flights and transfers.

While you're online: did we ever get the finale of your trip report?
Sep 7th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Hi Leely,

I knew I'd run the risk of getting asked ... I'm ashamed to report that I haven't quite finished my report - but I promise that I'm working on it! It's funny - because I waited so long to finish it, I'm now finding it necessary to take a look back into my trip journal to be complete (whereas before, I was writing strictly from memory, sad isn't it?) That's what's slowed me back a litte, as I'm enjoying the read and getting glued

Promise that the Tarangire portion is almost done and I'll be posting within a day or two!

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, Leely!

Jenn

Search this Thread