Aswan - Cruising to Abu Simbel

Mar 19th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Original Poster

Aswan - Cruising to Abu Simbel

I would like to visit AbuSimbel by boat and cruise to other sites south. Can anyone give me some more info regarding where to book a boat, where do I get on. What temples are of interest along the way. Is there a web site I could look at? All information appreciated.
Mar 20th, 2005, 05:13 AM
sandi

Can't be done. Or to say another way... there are no boats that cruise south of Aswan.

You can cruise in Lake Nassar which came about when the new dam was built. There are a number of boats that cruise on the Lake visiting sights that were previously unknown.

When it was decided to offer cruises on the Lake, the boats that were being built actually had to be moved, in pieces, overland, and put together once at the Lake... there was no water route to get them into the Lake.

Any Egyptian tour operator can advise which boats are available for cruises on Lake Nassar. You'd probably have to board somewhere at Abu Simbel. I believe they offer 3,4 & 5-day cruises. Try a Google search for "Lake Nassar, Egypt cruises"

Jul 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM

If you are still looking, go to travelegypt.us. We are looking at their cruise up to the high dam, and then their boat in Lake Nassar to visit AbuSimbel, which is roughly a 200 mile cruise. I am trying to get feedback on TravelEgypt, which has a tour which seems to offer the best of everything.

Search this Thread