Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv

May 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv

We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Are there recommended ways to spend the day off the cruise ship without going on a Bus Tour? Anything we should not miss.
May 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM

You could easily spend the whole day in Tel Aviv and Jaffa. You'd have beach, quaint neighborhoods, markets, hip shopping and restaurants, art museums and modern Israel historic sights. What you'd be missing is big open spaces, major archaeological sites etc, but many of those places are harder to get to without renting a car (or taking a tour). Jaffa has historical significance, but there's not that much to see, just spend time enjoying the views.
How much time do you really have for this day trip? Is there a bus tour itinerary of things you'd like to see, and maybe we can figure out which ones you can get to by public transportation even some taxis, I know the cruise tours are really expensive!

Take a bus or train from Ashdod to Tel Aviv (I haven't done that so I don't know the details, especially from the port)and you can get around in the city by taxi and walking .
May 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

I replied before I saw this. This is what I was looking for. We may get to the beach part of Tel Aviv, see how much of the day we have and go from there.

Search this Thread