Arusa Hotels

Nov 7th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Arusa Hotels

My wife and I will be arriving 2 nights before our group shows up in early January. As a group we will be staying at the Ngare Sero Hotel. Any suggestions for an alternate hotel stay and activities for the 2 days before group shows?
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:48 PM
bat

Hello embassyrom:

What do you want to spend? How long will your group be staying at Ngare Sero?

FYI, my information is based solely on research. I will be staying at Ngare Sero for 3 nights before starting on a safari in February. We will be filling our days with a school visit and trip to Arusha NP (with canoeing). It is possible to do other cultural visits from Arusha--a women's collective, for example. The U.N. tribunal on war crimes in Rwanda is in Arusha--if it is in session while you are there --it is open to the public.

What do you want from another hotel? Arusha Coffee Lodge is more expensive, seems luxurious and has received good reviews. Moivaro Coffee Lodge has also received good reports. There is another one that has a spa--someone else will be able to tell you the name. There are other hotels that are less expensive if that is what you are looking for.
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM

What about River Trees?
http://www.rivertrees.com/

I've wondered about it myself. It looks nice, and would certainly have a different ambience than Ngare Sero. I don't remember seeing it mentioned on this board.

For activities, there's Arusha National Park. There are also cultural excursions, and, if you're there on a weekday and have an interest, I understand it's possible to see the UN trial proceedings.

I'm sure others have more detailed information.

Search this Thread