Arrest in Murder of Tourist in Namibia

Aug 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Arrest in Murder of Tourist in Namibia

I give up, I can't find the original post about the murder so I am posting this update about the capture of one suspect as a separate article:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200708070449.html

I have to say I find things very hard to find at Fodors, that combined with the inability to edit posts makes using it a real love/hate relationship for me.

Aug 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM

George,

I like it that you can't edit posts....imagine people making controversial statements and then editing it to change things around much later? Right now, we miss the edit function mostly for typos and the like...

But yeah, there are plenty of areas where the fodors people can improve their website.
Aug 7th, 2007, 10:41 PM

I think the original post was deleted after the name calling began.
glad they caught one suspect
Aug 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM

No Dennis.....i was not referring to that thread at all! I was referring to in general, where one writes something they should not be able to modify it later on.....editing and modifying isn't a good function IMO!!!
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM

I agree Hari 100%, it would be a war in here if you could make derogatory statements and come back and delete them.
I was answering tuckeg's sentence about not being able to find the original post.
The search engine here is not the best, but in that case the original thread was deleted.
Aug 8th, 2007, 10:07 AM

I always use Google to find old posts, works much better in most cases than Fodors search engine, and often Google's index is more up-to-date. Search phrase should be

words_to_search inurl:fodors
Aug 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Hari,

I use a few other boards that allow editing and don't run into the problem you mention. People simply quote the the offensive section in their first response to the message and while the OP (original poster) can remove their post, it's still there for the world to see.

George

Search this Thread