Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Around Cape Town/garden route places to visit -bartholomeus klip/bushmans kloof..

Search

Around Cape Town/garden route places to visit -bartholomeus klip/bushmans kloof..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 04:46 PM
nat

phantom forest (krynsa), hunter's country house (plett), klippe rivier (swellendam), arnistom hotel - I am planning our intinerary ard the garden route - i have already planned a couple of days in the winelands and considering the above places as stops - has anyone got any comments abt these or any other suggestions?<BR>thanks

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:19 AM
nikki

We've stayed at Bartholomeus klip, which is lovely. Our detailed review with pics can be viewed on www.i-escape.com Also stayed at Phantom Forest which is great, review of this one coming soon.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:39 PM
nat

nikki - what did you think of the "game drives" and other activities avail at bartholomeus klip? (i realise that the game is of a limited type and of course not big 5) - i don't really mind and would be happy if it is a nice place with nice food but my partner needs lots of activities to keep him busy!

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 11:54 PM
Pam

We just returned from S.Africa and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to go back for an extended tour. We found the Arniston Hotel lovely, remote, quiet and professionally run. I think that their restaurant might be the only one in town, so I imagine that in high season, it would be quite busy. We had upgraded, ocean view rooms. If you choose those, be aware that some are twin beds pushed together and some are actually king sized mattresses. Rooms 25, 26, 28 and 29 were very nice.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 04:33 AM
nikki

There's plenty to do if you are into the outdoors. The game drives (interesting rather than adrenalin pumping!)are in the morning and evening. During the day you can go hiking in the mountains, cycle through the reserve, row, canoe or windsurf on the lake or venture into the winelands (within 30 minutes drive). Fly-fishing and clay pigeon shooting can also be arranged.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:47 AM
nat

nikki- i have checked out your website and found it useful! when do you expect your review on phantom forest to be posted?<BR>thanks<BR>nat

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 05:38 AM
nikkit

I will be adding Phantom forest and several other great places along the garden route to our site by mid April latest.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:00 AM
nat

Nikki- is there anywhere you would recomend to stay in plettenburg bay?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:44 AM
nikkit

Plettenberg Park which is just outside and perched on the clifftop is gorgeous. The Lodge is also special if you like zen style.