Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics

Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics

Apr 21st, 2005, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics

Hi:

I guess life is extremely easy when one arrives in Amman--rest of the itinerary falls in place following Ruth's advice. However, I need recommendation when doing it the other way round, i.e., arrriving in Aqaba from Nuweiba. So, here are my questions for my first 2 days in Jordan--please consider the fact that I have only 4-5 days in Jordan. I will be there in the end of the May

1. I will take the fast ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba. As per the new timetable I should arrive in Aqaba at 3 (as they say "insha allah"). My goal was to leave for Wadi Rum the same evening. As per the Jordan Jublee, there would be no public transportation at that time. Does that mean that I will have to take a Taxi--if so how much should it cost?

2. Assuming that I arrive at Wadi Rum around 5 PM. What are my options in terms of tour? Ideally, I would prefer to spend "that" night in Bedouin tent and spend the next day doing the 4x4 jeep tour covering the major attractions mentioned by Ruth. In the evening I would love to head to Petra so that I can visit Petra ruins bright & early the next morning. Once again, I am aware that I would not get a bus from Wadi Rum to Petra in the evening, so I have to get a taxi.

Is this itinerary possible? Also, please feel free to add any recommendation that you think might be appropriate

Any input would be highly valuable
May 8th, 2005, 04:34 AM

Hi.
I just returned from Jordan and we took a taxi from Aqaba to Petra (right in the area of Wadi Rum) for 25JD. Shop around.
May 8th, 2005, 04:42 AM

Check your geography; Wadi Rum is south of Petra by quite a distance, or about 1 1/2 hours drive. Wadi Rum is just off the main highway leading north from Aqaba. Incidentally, one Jordanian dinar is about the same as one Euro, or about $1.30 U.S.

Search this Thread