Anyone recently back from Egypt

May 12th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Anyone recently back from Egypt

I realize things can change greatly before my planned trip to Egypt with OAT in November, but I would like to hear from anyone who has recently returned, particularly on an organized tour, as to whether any of your activities were curtailed because of the recent bombings there. Did you go to the bazaar where the bombings took place, etc.? To the other popular tourist sites?
May 12th, 2005, 06:47 PM

My wife and I returned 4/16/05 from an OAT tour of Jordan & Egypt. All locations listed in their itinerary were visited, including the Khan-al-Khalili bazaar and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, sites of bombings.

We had a marvelous trip, were constantly aware of security efforts to protect tourists, and would recommend this tour to anyone.

OAT, quite on their own initiative, notified our family of our complete safety immediately following the bazaar bombing (we were in Luxor at the time).

Check their web site and their literature. OAT kept every commitment made, and our guides were uniformly superb. Lodging, meals, everything -- absolutely tops.
May 13th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

That's so great to hear, and thanks for your reply. I've heard really good things about them and am thinking we've made the right choice. I was going to be very disappointed if we didn't get to do everything I had hoped for.

Search this Thread