Anyone just returned from Israel Oct. 10, 2000

Oct 10th, 2000, 03:45 PM
Laura

Anyone just returned from Israel Oct. 10, 2000

Can anyone comment on a recent trip to Israel. I am planning to leave on Oct. 17th and am concerned about the safety of traveling throughout Israel. We will be there a little over a week and want to see as much as poosible. I am wondering if now may not be the best time to go. I have read that because of all the violence many roads are closed and some civilians are getting caught in the crossfire. Can anyone give me some updated information please. Thank you.

Oct 12th, 2000, 09:50 AM
Parrot Mom

Have a friend also scheduled to go this month from Mass. but as of today I wonder if the tours will still go.. I wish you luck.. Check with your tour company...NOW and the State Department which I'm sure will try to discourage you..I know how disappointed you must be...

Oct 12th, 2000, 01:12 PM
kiersten

I just returned before the violence started. I would NOT go now. A friend of mine was there and left early, he said it is worse in person than is reported on the news. Check the State Department web site

Oct 17th, 2000, 06:52 AM
carly

Just got an e-mail from a friend in Jerusalem. As far as safety is concerned, he said that if it wasn't for the news reports, you wouldn't know anything was going on.

Search this Thread