Anyone have great chimp sightings?

Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Anyone have great chimp sightings?

I just read a trip report from someone who went to QE Park in Uganda hiked for two hours to see chimps and didn't see any.

My wife and I hiked through Nyungwe for hours and saw only a glimpse. Is there anyone out there who saw chimps in the wild and got great shots of them?
Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:41 PM

In QE I had ok chimp sightings, but was told there is a 45% chance of seeing them.

The chimps in Kibale were wonderful to see. The conditions were not conducive to great photography, however. Either the chimps were up very high, or running on the ground in dark shade, or making nests at dusk. I did get one fair shot of a chimp in a tree eating figs who used a stick to sever the figs from a branch.

I bet Mahale would be the best photographic bet. Someday I'll confirm if that's a good hunch.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:22 PM

hi, i spent 2 days tracking in kibale uganda in june. i used all video-not sorry i did. if you have a video cam-use it. if not, get one. guess what, i am going back to uganda in march. ALL chimp stuff in kibale while there. 6days worth. yep, using the video cam for all that forest stuff.
cheers, d

Search this Thread