Anyone fly Kulula Air?

Feb 15th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Anyone fly Kulula Air?

Just found about Kulula Air on this message board. Anyone tell me anything about them? On time, good safety record, would you recommend them? I see they fly from J'burg to Cape town and one other destination. Thanks in advance. Heading to SA next year.
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Hello Wulfstan,

Kulula seem to be a reliable operation offering cheaper fares than SAA IF you can get in quick enough and pick up their special rates. Bear in mind that all on the plane do not fly at the special rate in that the seats on each flight are limited so you have to get your booking done early. If you can succeed in doing this then I would recommend Kulula.

Selwyn Davidowitz.
[email protected]
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:03 AM

I did find a review of this airlines on www.epinions.com. This websites participants review EVERYTHING from travel to electronics to movies and music.
I was surprised to see a review of Kulula Air on there but if you want to see the actual review go to www.epinions.com, click on the travel link, click on the airlines link, click on the South Africa link and then you will see the actual review.
The bottom line of the review (sorry but I don't know how to cut and paste from one website to another):

BOOKING - Booking a flight is "idiot-proof", as they have a very simple website that allows you to choose from only four different flights. (I confess that I am a challenge to that theory because I initially kept screwing up and was choosing my flight sequence backwards).

CHECK IN: Kulula Air only has one check in counter and although they don't run many flights, sometimes the flights run concurrently making for long queues.

INFLIGHT: The entire fleet consists of two very old 727's. They are 30 years old or older, according to this reviewer. Snacks are available at an extra charge.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Kulula Air is Africa's first version of the no-frills airline. (My own thoughts on this are while I hate Southwest Airlines here in Los Angeles, if it means that I am paying half price, I will take them every time)

The reviewer paid approximately $100 USD for a R/T flight between Joburg and Cape Town, while at the time, September 2002, the same flight was $250 USD on South African Air. (I myself have checked the current pricing for early May and SAA is $340 R/T while Air Kulula is only $140 R/T)

In the end, the reviewer gives Air Kulula a thumbs up and recommends their services to others.
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:35 AM
LizFrazier

Rocco-
Highlight what you want to copy, then while holding down the 'Ctrl' key, tap C (for copy). Then go to where ever you want to insert it, and hold down the 'Ctrl' key again, and tap V. There it will be. Is that what you meant?

Search this Thread