Anyone Fly Air Botswana Recently JNB to Maun?

Jun 2nd, 2014, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Anyone Fly Air Botswana Recently JNB to Maun?

In looking at their website it says you're limited to one carry on at 5 kg (approx. 11 lbs). Has anyone recently done this route? DH's camera bag is more than 11 lbs! Do they weigh it?
Jun 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM

We are going in October...I just looked at their baggage policy... one says 5kg carry on but the other one says 7kg carry on and 20 check in.
Are you getting typhoid and polio booster vaccines?
Jun 2nd, 2014, 05:47 PM

Did it a couple of years ago. My camera bag weighed 32 lbs. They simply asked if it was photography equipment and did not bother me at all. Both ways.
Jun 3rd, 2014, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

That's AKR1 - got a similar response on Flyer Talk so I'm sure DH will be a little more comfortable.

Patpv - We did get updated on everything the CDC recommended before we did East Africa in 2011 so frankly we're covered. The only thing we had to update at this point was our Typhoid as in 2011 we got the shot vs. the oral medication due to our schedules. Shot was good for 3 years so just expired. This time we got the oral meds.

We're leaving tomorrow on our trip! A few days in Munich then headed on.
Jun 4th, 2014, 11:08 AM

We flew Air Botswana to Maun and had no problem with our 22" carry on bags & they were not even soft ones. We then transferred to a 8-12 seater to lodge.
Jun 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM

I would be much more concerned about the international flights into JNB from Europe or America. That is where heavy hand luggage can get stopped and most folks have no Plan B, such as hard lockable cases to put your equipment to check -in if denied boarding with your heavy photo bag.

Search this Thread