In need of Vic Falls advice

Old Jul 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of Vic Falls advice

Hi all,

Travelling to Vic Falls in October (Zim)for a few days to take in some sightseeing, bungee and rafting. We are there for two to three days and wonder what other activities are worth doing? We will just be coming from safari in Singita so aren't as interested in safari options but what else might be available and worth while? Also curios what type of clothing and footwear to wear for rafting?
Thanks
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 08:08 PM

If you have the time and money to do a helicopter ride over the falls - that's the best way to see them. Also, we did an elephant safari. You are really only "on safari" for about an hour and don't see much wildlife. The best part of it is just getting to know an elephant and learning about them form people who care for and love them. The group there is doing alot to counter poaching and they take in orphaned elephants and raise them. A wonderful experience. Can't answer you question about the clothing for rafting since we didn't do that.
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 09:06 PM

Yes!! I highly recommend the elephant back "safari" on the Vic Falls side of the falls. The elephants they have are rescues (orphans from culls years ago) and the ellies there have alot of freedom. I really enjoyed learning how they train them (positive reinforcement only, they were adamant about this) and interacting with the ellies.
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Lin

Hi fallgirl! What with your sightseeing, bungee and rafting, and seeing the falls themselves I assume, you will probably be pretty busy during your visit! That is going to take up most of your time, each thing you mention is probably 2-3 hours from door to door. I guess I'd add on the sunset Zambezi cruise, such a gorgeous sunset, and shopping in the market where the bargaining is fierce and you can get most crafts for pennies.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 12:49 AM

We're spending three days of our honeymoon at Vic Falls next month and have got three action-packed days planned!! Here's our itinerary:

Day 1 15:00hrs Tandem Bungi Jumping. Clients should actually make their on way to the bridge, which is about 10 minutes walk from the Hotel.

Day 1 16:30hrs Pick up from the Day Activity Center - Helicopter ride, 30Min

Day 2 08:00hrs Pick up from the Day Activity Center - Half Day White river rafting

Day 2 16:00hrs Pick up from Day Activity Center - Victoria Falls River Safari

Day 3 08:00hrs Pick up from the Day Activity Center - Half Day Gorge Swing & Abseiling

on the afternoon of Day 3 we are considering spending some time at the Lubasi Orphanage (www.lubasi.org).

We leave the morning of day 4!