Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?

Nov 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?

We are heading to Egypt for 19 days in December and I wondered if any other Fodorites are heading the same way?

We are sticking to Cairo (5), Alex (1), Luxor (4), Aswan(3) and Abu Simbel (1) with a Dahabiya cruise (4) between Luxor and Aswan. I haven't been to Egypt since I was a child so I'm looking forward to returning. I've booked with a local travel agent Djed Tours and have been very impressed by their responsiveness so far.

The itinerary is fixed but if anyone has any general suggestions or advice on restaurants in Cairo or Alex we'd be very happy to hear them?

Thanks!
Nov 12th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Where are you staying in Cairo and what sort of time will you have to get to good restaurants?
Nov 16th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks CC and apologies for my delay in responding!

We will have two nights at Mena House, one where we'll arrive late and one where we will probably stick to the Indian restaurant which I remember from my childhood. Then we will be at Le Riad where we will have three evenings free to explore.
Nov 18th, 2014, 11:48 AM

With so much time in Cairo you might want to consider engaging Casual Cairo's services and knowledge of Cairo and the surrounding area.

Search this Thread