Search

Skeleton Coast

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Kavey

Skeleton Coast

Hi <BR><BR>I am already thinking about our 2004 return trip and would like to know anything you can tell me about the Skeleton Coast?<BR><BR>Any good web sites or photo reviews on the internet?<BR><BR>Have you been? When? Where did you stay? Which company did you go with? How long were you there?<BR><BR>What did you see and what did you think?<BR><BR>How did it compare to the other destinations you visited?<BR><BR>All and any comments welcome, even if you haven't been but have friends who have commented on it...<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your assistance.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Penelope

Skeleton Coast=Namibia. A lot of large ships wrecked, some almost completely covered by sand. Seals. Very cool climate because of the Benguela current off the Atlantic coast. See my reply to the inquirer who has asked about an extension to Namibia from SA and Botswana. P

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:01 AM
kavey

Hi Penelope<BR><BR>Thank you for taking the time to respond.<BR><BR>We did fly over Namibian Desert, right out to the Atlantic, and flew over some famous wrecks and some old abandoned mines. This was on our way from Sossusvlei to Damaraland Camp (stopping in Swakopmund to refuel) during our trip to Namibia in June 2001.<BR><BR>What I am hoping for is some reports from anyone who has actually stayed at a camp in the less accessible parts of the Skeleton Coast, or done a flying/ camping safari in that area.<BR><BR>We are trying to decide whether to include a stay at somewhere like the Skeleton Coast Camp or not in our next trip.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:52 PM
Penelope

I bow out. I cannot help you further. Good luck. P

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:18 AM
kavey

Penelope, <BR>Thanks again for taking the time to look at my thread and give me the info you had. I really appreciate it.<BR>Kavey