Anyone been to Hwange Safari Lodge?

Jun 21st, 2002, 03:19 PM
J. McDonald

Anyone been to Hwange Safari Lodge?

My wife and I are going on a trip to Africa University with our church in November. Included in the trip is a visit to Victoria Falls. Anyone have suggestions on the Falls at that time of year? We also are going on a couple of game drives. We will be staying at the Hwange Safari Lodge. Has anyone stayed there? What did you see on the game drives? See any cheetahs? Did you go on a night-time game drive? If so, what did you see? Sorry for all the questions, but we are excited about going, and we need all the information we can get.
Thanks.

Jul 18th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Erich

Hi J,

We took a 4 country tour of Southern Africa including Hwange Park. We stayed at Linkwasha in Hwange. This was my favorite places of all the places we visited. Hwange is a huge park, about the size of Wisconsin, so I am not sure if where you are going to be is near where we were. We saw every type of animal you could imagine, including the big five. They allow night drives there and they are not to be missed. Excellent opportunity to see lions, and night predators. We saw only one Cheetah, as they are becoming scarce in Hwange. Also don't pass up the walking tours if they offer them. They offer a whole different perspective from the vehicle tours. Good luck, and have fun!! I wish I was going back. Email me if you have any other questions.

ERich

Search this Thread