Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Anyone been in Jerusalem recently? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/anyone-been-in-jerusalem-recently-141738/)

Sal Jan 14th, 2002 04:23 PM

Anyone been in Jerusalem recently?

I'm going to Jerusalem in March to work there for six months and am wondering if anyone has visited recently and would like to share their experience with me. I've never been to Israel before and don't know a whole lot other than what has been in the news, which is not very positive. So, any input is appreciated.

Ronny Jan 14th, 2002 04:47 PM

I've been to Israel on 4 diferent occasions in the past 6 years...I have never had any trouble and the people are so friendly and eager to help you find your way....Jerusalem is such a beautiful place....When I first read were you were going to work my first thoughts were.." HOW BLESSED CAN ONE PERSON BE....If your looking for someone to take you place I would be glad to help you out...<BR> Ronny

Steph Jan 15th, 2002 05:13 AM

Sal,<BR>The israelies need all our support right now.<BR>Go, have a wonderful time.<BR>We are planning a trip for next summer and can't wait!

Faina Jan 16th, 2002 02:59 PM

I remember coming to Jerusalem on a cool rainy day. It snowed there recently. Be ready for any weather - from hot and sunny (sunblock?) to very cold, especially at night. Don't worry that you forgot something - you can buy anything there. Don't worry about "the news", if the locals live there so will you.

Bruce Jan 20th, 2002 08:22 AM

I'm going in early May. Perhaps we can get together

alejo Apr 26th, 2002 10:54 AM

I´m going on June to Jerusalem for one month, and i am wondering too, if someone has visited recently, and sal, where are you from??

j May 8th, 2002 05:21 PM

Jerusalem is magic. The mood is tense now (I was last there in end of February and will be there again in two weeks), and is probably the most tense of anywhere in the country, really. What else can I tell you? Happy to answer any questions.

Danny May 15th, 2002 05:12 AM

I was there last weekend at the King David Hotel. Wonderful!

John Sep 13th, 2002 03:05 PM

I was in Jerusalem on several occasions during the summer. The city hasn't lost any of its physical charm -- the light sandstone buildings and the beautiful hilly setting -- but alas, the citizens are jittery and the Old City feels moribund from the lack of tourist income. However, if you wish to see the incredible (an understatement) holy sites, you will probably be one of a handful of tourists, making it very very enjoyable. You will be accosted by shopkeepers eager to make a quick sheckel, but just be firm and they will quickly stop bothering you. I spent several hours wandering the Old City one day, between all the quarters, visiting all the local markets, and have to say it was one of the most magical experiences I've had -- and I travel worldwide often for my work.

_Linda_ Apr 15th, 2004 11:27 AM

Any news?

JackieSun Apr 15th, 2004 05:06 PM

I was there this year- what would you like to know?