Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Anybody Ever used African Travel, Inc. - Far & Wide Company?

Anybody Ever used African Travel, Inc. - Far & Wide Company?

Jan 7th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Ingrid

Anybody Ever used African Travel, Inc. - Far & Wide Company?

Hi all!

I am thinking about using this company for my trip planning. It's a tour company that says they can customized modules of tours. Does anyone know anything about this company?
Any thoughts would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Ingrid

Jan 7th, 2003, 07:40 PM
toni

I used African travel company through my travel agent 3 years ago when I went to Botswana. It was a very luxurious, fabulous trip and they individually planned accordinging to my desires. I stayed at Xigera water camp, Chitabe and Kings Pool. I would highly recommend them.

Jan 8th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Ingrid

Toni:
I appreciate your reply! I am so overloaded with decisions for this trip, it's driving me crazy!!!

I am having to make some really tough decisions as to hotels, cities, game parks vs. rest camps, etc. I am not sure what to do..

However, I first need to start with a good tour company. I have heard of Wide and Travel before but haven't spoken to anyone yet who has used African Travel, Inc.

I am also thinking about customizing the tour, but am a little afraid of the cost of doing this.
How long were you on the tour (including flying time?) Was it more than $6,000 per person?

I am also thinking about booking this tour directly with African Travel, Inc. Would you recommend this? Or is it better to use a travel agent?

How helpful were the booking agents at African Travel, Inc.? or did you go through an agent?

The more info. you can give me on them, the better I will feel about using them.
I want to know what to expect before booking anything.

I appreciate your help on this!
Ingrid

Jan 9th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Sara Becker

Dear Ingrid,

I have booked a customized trip with African Travel to South Africa, Botswana, and Zambia leaving in 3 weeks. I worked with an independent agent who specializes in Africa. She works with African Travel. I cannot recommend her more highly. She was written up in The New York Times this past Summer and I called immediatley. She has been our Mother Hen ever since. If you would like her name and address let me know.

Sara Becker

Jan 11th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Ingrid

Sara:

Thanks for the info. I am curious to hear all about your trip when you return! Please post a travel log!!
Let me know what you think about the guides the company uses.
Have a lot of fun!!!

Ingrid

Search this Thread