any info please on kikoti camp ?

Feb 9th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

any info please on kikoti camp ?

Can anybody give me any advice on kikoti camp, our resevations have just come thro with swala camp one night and kikoti camp one night or kikoti camp two nights I understand kikoti camp is some distance from Tarangire.Would we be better at doing one night at both or two nights at kikoti?
We will be there about 25 June it will be our last park
Hope someone can help
Shel
Feb 9th, 2007, 02:39 AM

Hi,
We stayed there last Feb. and enjoyed it very much.
As for being a distance from Tang., do you mean from the entrance? If so, yes it is, but that wasn't a detriment for us as we game drove in and back out on different routes. I also liked that Kikoti has their own private reserve located beyond their property and Tang. to do night drives etc.

If you want to see more details, opinions and Kikoti/Tang.photos you can check out my report located in the New East African trip report section.
Good luck!
Feb 9th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Hi Sherry,
Thanks, piccy's look good!
you certainly sure plenty of wild life there really can't wait
Shel
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM

Keah regarding Kikoti or Swala
I would choose one or the other
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:29 AM
sandi

Swala is way more expensive than Kikoti. It's smaller (about 6 or 8/tents), located through the park, pretty much in the southwest corner; also a long drive. Kikoti, while outside, has just been expanded, larger (believe now 20/tents) beautifully appointed and large. Depends on your budget and availability.

Feb 11th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sandi,
My tour operator did not mention the price difference I assumed they were the same
Shel
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:32 AM

In June, the grass should be high enough to reach the windows of your vehicle!

At night, the lights of the vehicle will hit the tall grass just a few feet in front of the vehicle (the middleman and sides) and bounce straight back making it almost impossible to see wildlife.

So the attraction of night drives, etc becomes less important and therefore also staying some distance outside the park.

I would not split the stay - distances are to great. Stay 2 nights at either or somewhere else!

Feb 11th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Eban
Did'nt realise the grass would be so high this time of year, maybe it was'nt such a good choice.My operator is know saying all other accommodation is full I cannot get 2 nights at same lodge
Shel
Feb 11th, 2007, 11:45 AM

keah05
pens worked for us because in our group(last august) we had some children who wanted to carry and give somthing to some of the children we visited in some of the masaai bomas off the regular tourist tracks
But they mightnt work for everybody
We stayed at Boundary hill Lodge which is closer to the park gate at Tarangire than Kikoti and IMHO better see if you can stay there BUT check the website out first