Any ideas on how to get itinerary out of ITT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI, I have made arrangements with Jyce of ITT and sent a fair amount of money over. We have had to make changes along the way. HOwever, I cannot seem to get Joyce to send me a corrected itinerary reflecting the dates, fees etc. and balances due. Is this typical of their service? I find the other operators I amusing always confirming things in writing and very clear. Any suggestions o n this or should I just "assume" all is fine?
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:46 PM

I am not familiar with ITT as a travel outfit.

I would pursue the agent to get the changes in writing to be sure they have been made.

Can you call and leave specific times she can call you back?
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 11:54 AM

The only ITT I have heard of is the Institute of Travel and Tourism which is a UK based organisation but it's a professional body for those working in the travel industry, not an operator or agent.

Can you provide any further information about just who ITT is/ are?

Also, it does depend on the circumstances but I'd usually expect to see a finalised itinerary detailing everything before handing over any money at all. The only exception would be if I either requested changes myself after the booking was confirmed or a change was necessary because of an airline schedule change or accommodation closure or the like.

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Kavey, ITT stands for International Tours and Travel in Kigali, Rwanda.

13moons, the way I normally do it is I basically say e-mailing saying something like this:...
Dear X,
Just to clarify, our itinerary is as follows (give a detailed account of EVERYTHING). The TOTAL amount including taxes and fees is $xxxxx for this intinerry including all transportation, accomodation ......... The deposit paid is $xxxxx, therefore the TOTAL amount due on ??? is $xxxxx.
Please confirm the above as being correct.

I find this is the best way to make sure everything is in order and understood by everyone, especially when changes to the original have been made. If there are any problems they tend to come to light then and if not, you have a confirmation 'just in case'.

Joyce should have no problem e-mailing you back to confirm BUT her english is a bit iffy so short and sweet and plain basic english is best.... you probably already know that but just in case - at one point when I e-mailed her saying "we will be there in 4 days" she panicked and thought I said 'we will be there FOR 4 days'... we were going there for 2 days!.

Imelda
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Thanks Imelda,
I think your approach makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised that money was paid before an itinerary was confirmed though? Is that normal for this operator/ destination?
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all. I will send the email detailing everything as I have it and aske for confirmation. The money paid thus far has been for permits and a car and driver for just one day. I am still trying to get in writing the rest of the trip which was added on afterwards so I will send my email of details. thanks so much. this is all still so new to me!
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 12:06 AM

Best of luck, 13moons!
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM

13moons the other way I have done it is to send an email with a list of numbered questions. eg
1. Please send finalized itinerary
2. Send detailed account with Total amount due and amounts paid

Etc etc I have found this works well as the op goes through and answers each question.

I think sometimes the questions get "lost" in the text.

J
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

email and questions sent. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM

Jules39,

That's been my experience as well. I ask them to simply reply and put the answers in my message. That's seems to work.

George
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you 13moons.
Let us know how you get on!
Imelda
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Finally! I got an email form JOyce saying yes althought I still hve no idea when they want or need the rest of my mony!!!$845. thank all of you for your help! I was beginning to wonder....
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 12:37 AM

That's great news 13moons!
Re the rest of the money, when we booked transportation with Joyce last year she never asked for a deposit (it was a jeep plus driver for 2 days), when we arrived in Kigali JOyce took us to their office and we paid there and then the full amount before we set off. I too didn't know how it was going to work but this was fine.

Hope you have a FABULOUS trip and if Richard is your driver you will be all set - he's fatastic!

Imelda