Antelope Affairs

Jul 5th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Antelope Affairs

After 6 countries in three years I am finally starting to come to terms with my "antelope affairs." I thought some of you might be curious to read my confessions in "Antelope Affairs: A Love Story" just published over at: http://njwight.tumblr.com/
Perhaps some of you have your own confessions? ;-)

Cheers,
Nancie
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:44 PM

The slide show of outstanding antelope shots along with your intriguing text is a great combo.

I know how you feel when you met the Nyala. I've remained faithful to the Nyala as my favorite but only because the roan and sable are so much harder to see.

Here's what I was told about those unique white markings on the nyala's face. God held the nyala's head gently in his hands and planted a kiss. Where the nyala was touched by God's fingertips and lips, white markings now appear.

To me the quintessential scene African bush scene has impala grazing in sunlight and shadows of acacia, fallen tree trunks, and some baboons scattered about. Impala are everywhere but always attractive.

Thanks for sharing the Antelope Affairs. Hoping you find more species of antelope to fall in love with.
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Original Poster

Ok...now I am swooning back to the Nyla! ;-)
One sundown at Baines we came across a small herd of impala drinking from a small pond, theeir golden reflections were a near-perfect mirror image. It was breathtaking and so peaceful. My favorite impala moment.

Thanks for sharing.
Nancie
Jul 19th, 2010, 12:27 AM

I can relate to those musings! There's not a single antelope species I don't find beautiful including, yes, the wildebeest. But if I were hard-pressed to choose just one, I think that would be the much overlooked and abundant impala.

Search this Thread