Another question to Selwyn

Apr 26th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Original Poster

Another question to Selwyn

I have a couple of options for our 1st day at the Garden route. 1st'd be going from George airport to Wtlderness ( Map of Africa, Dolfin point ), then Belvedere, Brenton-on-the sea ( or Buffalo bay ), then drive to the eastern head, then drive to Tsala. I'll have about 6 hours to do all that. 2nd option'd be to substitite Belvedere and the beach by Springtide charter in the Knysna lagoon ( by the way, do you know anything about them ). What do you think? I'll appreciate your input. Also, do you happen to know directions from Geeorge airport to the Map of Africa?
Apr 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM

gagash,

Springtime Charters offer a good product however I would not suggest that you do this in your 6 hours available to you. Your first plan of travelling from the Wilderness to eventually The Heads and Tsala is a MUCH BETTER option. You should in 6 hours be able to accomplish all even though it will be a close call.

As far as finding the Map of Africa is concerned my suggestion to you is to drive to the Wilderness from George airport. In the Wilderness (a very small village) find your way to the local tourist bureau and the attendants at this office will point you in the correct direction to go see the Map of Africa. Be warned that the MoA is on a slightly off the normal path of travelling route and quite surprisingly not many people know of the phenomenon, so instead of asking around aimlessly follow my suggestion and you will definitely get to enjoy the experience.

Hope this helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread