Anjajavy resort

Nov 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Anjajavy resort

Has anyone stayed at Anjajavy? Is the place nice? Are you close to areas for day trips to see Lemurs? What is the beach like? Relaxing?

I am debating whether to hit the Seychelles as well. I am sure they are beautiful, but I need help focusing, here. If I am at a nice resort in Madagascar, would visting the Seychelles be similar? In other words, should I focus more on other destinations because I will have my "beach" at Madagascar?

Thanks.
Nov 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM

I don't think its in a prime lemur viewing location. There are much better places to see lemurs, but the lodging is not nearly as comfortable. You'll need to get off the luxury trail to get the best lemur experience. Vakona Lodge, near Perinet, is comfortable, but not luxurious, and is close to Perinet, which has lots of lemurs -- but finding lemurs is not like going on safari. We had several long, wet and hilly climbs to find them in Perinet.

The easiest place to see lemurs is Berenty, but the lodging is very basic. But the lemur-viewing is unmatched.

Kirindy, near Morondova, also has lots of different lemurs, and Chez Maggie is comfortable. But not luxurious.

Search this Thread