Animal Planet Schedule

May 26th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Original Poster

Animal Planet Schedule

http://animalplanet.co.uk/_ontv_list...guage_code=ENG

Thirsting for Africa, I just happened to look up the schedule for Animal Planet and there are a couple very interesting shows on today(May 27th).

At 7PM, Steve Irwin is in Zambia to study the Nile Crocodiles (nicknamed "flatdogs) in the Luangwa River. I would assume that he is in South Luangwa National Park but I do not know for sure.

Then, at 9PM, private guide, Mike Penman of Wild Lifestyles (www.mikepenman.com), is featured with wild dogs.

Also of interest to some will be "Jane Goodall's Return To Gombe", her annual visit back to the chimp research station that she founded.
May 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM

Roccco,
Those appear to be the UK listings. I don't see any of those shows on the US site
May 27th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Patty,

You are right.

Oh well...guess I will not be enjoying South Luangwa and Botswana tonight.

I think I will take a pass on Animal Cops or whatever else we have on offer here in the USA.
May 27th, 2005, 05:11 PM

I heard from a Tafika guest and a guide about Steve Irwin's visit to South Luangwa. They said he was truly as gung-ho as on TV and a tireless, dedicated worker.

He almost had a negative encounter with some lions, while in a blind.

The camp staff also apparently told Irwin that to get close to the hippos you had to roll in the mud and become completely immersed in it. He bought the story and took a dip in the mud, only to be told it was a joke. Fortunately Steve Irwin found it funny, too.

Search this Thread