And on the weather front ... especially for Jona

Jun 6th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Original Poster

And on the weather front ... especially for Jona

Heads up everyone travelling to SA in the next week or two - I really hope Jona sees this before packing!
Winter has arrived in SA - with avengence! Bring the winter woollies, pack the thermals if you're going to be in the Cape, remember the brollie or raincoat, thick socks and coat.

The first major cold front hit Cape Town over the weekend and the effects are travelling inland - the grass was so covered in frost yesterday morning it looked like a dusting of snow.

The weather service is predicting more cold fronts over the next few days to a week and a 100% chance of rain in the W Cape, with the first snows also expected.

Jun 7th, 2004, 02:18 PM

Hi traci,
You message caught my eye just as I was leaving for Amsterdam to track down a tropical outfit for our rapidly approaching trip to sunny South Africa!
Instead I headed straight for the loft and dug out our woolies, thermals, mitts,earmuffs and snowboots.

What an amazing climate you must have. Only yesterday I was looking photos of a Garden Tour group on Selwyn's wonderful website. They were taken exactly a year ago and there wasn't a cloud in the clear blue sky and everyone was in shorts and sandals.
Perhaps I should start a new thread asking for tips on how to change the S.A. weather - at least for the next two weeks - even at the expense of the wheat crop?

I had a good laugh at your weather report. What a lovely thing to do. Thanks.

We are really looking forward to visiting CT and the Plett area.
Thanks to the great advice we have received on the forum we have revised our itinerary. There are clearly too many "musts" in the Capetown area and on the Wine and Garden Route for just one visit.

Thanks again for your help.

Search this Thread