Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   AmyH Pictures from Kenya/Tanzania July 2006 (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/amyh-pictures-from-kenya-tanzania-july-2006-a-644013/)

AmyH Sep 3rd, 2006 01:36 PM

AmyH Pictures from Kenya/Tanzania July 2006

Combination of film and digital, color and black and white. I am hoping to add captions soon, but until then, here they are (I hope!).
I forget who is collecting pictures of camps and lodges, but my daughter did include pictures of all the places we stayed.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...0&y=ofbj4q

JanGoss Sep 3rd, 2006 04:59 PM

Amy:

Thanks so much for sharing your marvelous pictures with us. Makes one think that we were right there with you.

Loved the big bull walking up the path as well as the handsome lion in the Mara.

Jan

purple Sep 4th, 2006 08:38 AM

Loved your pictures We will be in Kenya and Tanzania leaving this Friday after planning for 1 1/2 years. Now for the questions. How was the weather? Sometimes you guys looked a little cold. Wondering if we can wear shorts or need all long pants? Did you stop at any of the Villages and if yes did you purchase anything from the villagers? How much did you bargain for? And did you stay out all day while on safari or do the two hour drives a few times a day. Thanks in advance

ShayTay Sep 4th, 2006 10:19 AM

Thanks for sharing! I really loved the black and white photos. They remind me of the photos you see from the "olden days" of Kenya. How did you take them?

lonestarcars Sep 4th, 2006 10:30 AM

Thanks so much for the photos,I love the black and white,how and what did you take them with?I am planning a trip for June 2008 and always reading this forum.

purple Sep 4th, 2006 02:47 PM

Hi again. Also did you ever need any dressier clothes or should I say a nice pair of pants and tops for any of the places you stayed?

LyndaS Sep 4th, 2006 04:04 PM

Great pictures, Amy - your daughter did very well too! Really enjoyed them - thanks!

AmyH Sep 5th, 2006 07:29 AM

Thanks All -
The black and white photos were shot using professional quality B&W 35mm film with a Nikon and either 70-200mm lens or regular 50mm lens.

Purple - I think I have addressed all of your questions in my trip report if you want to do a search, AmyH is in the title.

Nyamera Sep 5th, 2006 09:19 AM

Amy,
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. If I were a lioness …

waynehazle Sep 5th, 2006 09:30 AM

Of course now I am kicking myself for not shooting a roll or two of black and white on my trip.

I had it and just only ever thought about color :(

Patty Sep 5th, 2006 11:39 AM

Really enjoyed your pics. Wonderful B&W's!

ShayTay Sep 5th, 2006 12:01 PM

The aspect ratio of the B&W photos isn't the normal 35mm size. How was that done? Given that they all seem to be that way, I would assume that they weren't cropped.

AmyH Sep 5th, 2006 12:12 PM

ShayTay -
I am not sure what happened when we uploaded the digitized Black and Whites v. the color photos, but we didn't mind the effect and so I did not resize them when we created the on line album

kumasawa Sep 5th, 2006 12:21 PM

Hi Amy,
Great photos! Looks like you had a fun trip and stayed in some really nice places. I've only been on safari in northern Tanzania so it was interesting to see the different wildlife in Kenya.
Darren

atravelynn Sep 5th, 2006 12:27 PM

Especially liked the pelicans and oryx. The superb starlings were superb.

I've never seen so many warthogs and what a beautiful green setting.

Some great family and wildlife photos.

cindysafari Sep 5th, 2006 12:32 PM

Amy, great pictures....loved the Black and Whites!
Cindy

sandi Sep 5th, 2006 12:41 PM

Loved the B&W pics. And must say that you all did look cold in some of those photos. But then, it was winter in East Africa. Thanks for sharing these - great!