Amman, Petra

Jun 13th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Amman, Petra

My wife and adult daughter and myself are going to Jordan in October for eight days.
I am considering staying four nights in Amman in the Holiday Inn. We would take day trips to the historical sights around Amman. I would hope we can buy tours at the hotel guess desk. I want to spend a few hours at the Dead Sea. I want to take a day trip to Jerusalem. Leaving the hotel early in the morning and returning in the evening. We have been to Jerusalem before,(so don't tell me one day isn't enough, I know it isn't). We would travel to Petra somehow, and stay at a hotel there for three nights. Returning back Amman for our flight home. What do you all think? advice?

Thanks
John
Jun 13th, 2014, 08:27 AM

I think Petra is a MUST! We arranged our trip through the hotel in Amman. We only went for one day. I think three nights would be a lot and would prefer to include Wadi Rum if you have that much time.

I loved Amman. And Petra should be on everyone's bucket list.

Do a search for "colduphere", who has a fascinating trip report for Jordan.
Jun 13th, 2014, 01:34 PM

Three nights in Petra is fine, there's plenty to see there for two full days. (See: http://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com/...eerless-petra/ ) Try to be there for Petra at night.

I found Amman skippable, but it's a reasonable base for Jerash and Madaba (great mosaics there, make sure to see more than just the map).

Search this Thread