2frika 10day Tanzania

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2frika 10day Tanzania

Is this a good deal with 2afrika? Its featured on MSNBC travel page. 9 nights including trans.from NBO or KJO airports, meals, game viewing daily..... the lodges are 1 night Arusha Mont Meru, 1nite Tanangire Sopa, 2 nites Lake Manyara Hotel, 2 nites Ngorongora Wildlife Lodge, and 3 nites Serengeti Wildlife Lodge
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

the price is $995-1195 depending on dates!!
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 08:10 AM

If you check some of my postings you will see I am high on 2Afrika especially for Tanzania. I have used them twice for trips to East Africa and have stayed at some of the lodges mentioned. The trip is a great way to get a first time look at the country without digging too deep into the budget. You will find the prices hard to beat but bear in mind the accommodations are not the five stars ones others want when on safari. If you are satisfied with clean/safe accommodations with reasonable food, good scenery, etc you should be satisfied with the company. The itinerary seems to be typical of the northern park route and time of the year will certainly determine the extend of wildlife one sees. Dick
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 08:14 AM
nkh

We also used 2afrika and I have posted replies on this board - general opinion is that they are a good company and offer good value. Either search for 2afrika which should give you lots of hits, or try clicking on my screen name (or rsnyders, below) to link to previous postings.

If you want to see photos of the tanzania half of our experience to give you an idea, www3.sympatico.ca/thaynes has some photos posted.

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

What time of the year would you suggest as the best time to visit northern Tanzania for the best game viewing..the migration isn't the most important for timing for us! thank you
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 08:43 AM

mfleming,
I can comment only on what we have seen and the circumstances that influenced our choice of June. Budget, not having to take the daughter out of school, and what I thought was time with fewer tourists. In June 2002 while on the Serengeti we caught the migration heading north. This past June we missed it but still saw plenty of resident wildebeast and certainly a host of other wildlife including some species we had not seen before. I asked Godfrey, our guide for both years, when he thought the "best" time would be. I should have qualified my question to mean year 'round. He said the second half of May. I did not follow up on his response as he may have been thinking of tourist density, etc. I would dearly enjoy the opportunity to take in Selous or one of the other southern parks perhaps in combination with the special you are referring to. Or, extend a stay in the north with time in other parks there simply to make the airfare worth while. Hope this helps. NKH has good suggestions as well. And, check out those photos (a good reminded for me to get ours posted). Dick
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 10:54 AM

mflemming

We actually heard about this trip a few weeks ago. We were already pretty set on choosing 2Afrika for our trip and then we found out about this one. We decided we liked this itinerary even better because more time was spent in Tanzania, we aren't bothered about being in 5 star accomidations. I have looked at the accomidations they have on the internet and they all seem fine to me. We have also been able to link up a trip in Kenya with this one. So in the end we are spending the same amount of money that we would have for the original Tanz/Kenya trip we were looking at but know we are getting an extra few days in East Africa which suits us perfectly.

Keep us informed what you think.

J
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 11:27 AM
sandi

The month of May is still considered the "Long rains" season, or the Green Season, when prices might be still lower. April-May-early-June are in the Long rains timeframe - but this doesn't mean it rains daily, but when it does, it does! Roads can be difficult. And as there is no guarantee for animal sightings, no one knows what the weather will be from year-to-year.