Search

A Long Awaited Conclusion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Long Awaited Conclusion

Hey Guys,

As promised, I told you all back in April I would let you know when I received the refund from Born Free Safaris for all the unwarranted and unnecessary "difficulties" experienced on our trip to East Africa in July of '03.

We had received a check at the end of April for a few hundred dollars and yesterday afternoon, we received the remainder of a refund from B.F. who had FINALLY re-sold the space for the Selous portion of our trip which we did not take due to all those difficulties.

The refund will be tucked away as savings for our next trip to the great continent.

It has been a long eleven months and I do think if it wasn't for the input and support from all you guys, the refund would not have happened. Thanks!

Old Jun 15th, 2004, 11:16 AM

Glad this finally got resolved with a worthwhile refund. Clearly, not the kind of experience anyone wanted to have!
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 10:11 PM

Divewop, thank you for giving us the final report. I am very happy to hear that the company did come through with some refund. Good for both of you.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:58 PM

Born Free's comment
This traveller was told she would receive her refund as soon as we resold the space. We had to wait until the next season. We did keep our word even though some of you may feel she should have received a refund on demand.

We are again sorry she had the unfortunate problems she had. Africa can be a difficult destination. Be sure you are all really let the company you are going with your expectations and be honest with them as far as your comfort level.

Africa is a great destinations. Enjoy your travels.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Go figure!

Hopefully your tour operator will do everything in their power to deliver what they promise and meet those expectations no matter how big or small. And lest we forget, also BE THERE for you when or if things do go wrong!!

Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 04:41 PM

You know, Alanag, I was really hoping for both of you that this would come to a satisfactory conclusion. And I felt that way until I read your post. Look at the contradictions here. First you apologize, then blame it on Africa, then blame it on the client - as if *she* didn't let you know what her expectations were? From her past posts her expectations were that she wouldn't be treated so poorly and made to feel captive by this very difficult guide. I don't think what she described would have met the "comfort level" of most of us here.

"We are again sorry she had the unfortunate problems she had. Africa can be a difficult destination. Be sure you are all really let the company you are going with your expectations and be honest with them as far as your comfort level."

This isn't the first post where you have blamed or attacked the client (and to be clear, I don't know either of you).

Perhaps you feel a necessity to have the last word but you really should learn to just apologize and leave it at that. That would have gone over much better.