Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Aloha! 24 hours and I'm off to (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/aloha-24-hours-and-im-off-to-596746/)

matnikstym Mar 6th, 2006 07:15 AM

Aloha! 24 hours and I'm off to

Zambia! Thanks to Rocco @ Destiny Africa for putting together this trip and Julian, also @ Destiny Africa for confirming that everything is in order. Hard to believe it's only been 4 months since I was last in Zambia...time flies when you're waiting for another adventure of a lifetime! Thanks to all here who have helped with advice, tips, laughter and knowledge. I'll be back on March 28 with a trip report soon after.
Itinerary:
3/7 Hilo, Hawaii to San Francisco (2 nights with family)
3/9 San Francisco to London, 9 hour layover, lunch with Kavey and another Fodorite
3/10 London to Lusaka to Mfuwe
3 nights Tafika
3 nights Puku Ridge
5 nights Luangwa River Lodge (where I'll celebrate my birthday)
1 night Lusaka Intercontinental Hotel
3 nights London
2 nights San Francisco
3/28 Back to my rock in the middle of the Pacific
Aloha and Mahalo! :) :) :)
Dennis

sonali74 Mar 6th, 2006 07:25 AM

Dennis have a great trip and bon voyage,
we must do a trip together sometime, Sonali.

Leely Mar 6th, 2006 07:46 AM

Aloha, Dennis. Have a wonderful, safe trip. Try not to drink any shower water this time. :)

I can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Leely Mar 6th, 2006 07:52 AM

Oh, I almost forgot: have a fantastic birthday. 26 this year, is it?

Nyamera Mar 6th, 2006 07:59 AM

Aloha. Be careful when you shower – elephants are very sensitive animals! ;) Safari njema.

cooncat Mar 6th, 2006 08:40 AM

Bon Voyage, Dennis! Don't forget the bean bag! :-D

((@))

thit_cho Mar 6th, 2006 08:41 AM

Dennis, have a great trip! With two trips to Zambia in less than one year, I think you can qualify as the Zambian Honorary Consul on the big island.

Patty Mar 6th, 2006 09:44 AM

Have a wonderful trip, Dennis!

sundowner Mar 6th, 2006 09:48 AM

Hey, Dennis - It's great that you are taking your second trip so soon. My trips were Jul, Aug, Sept & Oct so they were all 13 mths apart and that's a long time to wait.

Without a doubt you'll be having a great birthday! Have a great trip!

wjsonl Mar 6th, 2006 11:01 AM

Man o man, Dennis, you've got a rough life. Leaving paradise and going to paradise. Have a great trip!

sandi Mar 6th, 2006 11:18 AM

Mr. Speedy is on his away again.
That's so great.
Have a wonderful trip.

dlo Mar 6th, 2006 01:06 PM

Have a great trip.I wish i could go away again in a few months so needless to say i'm pretty jealous.

Enjoy!

cybor Mar 6th, 2006 03:52 PM

Hey Dennis,
Just got back and hope you get my best trip wishes before you depart. I look very forward to hearing about the green season in Zambia.
Have a wonderful time.
Sherry

Kavey Mar 7th, 2006 02:39 AM

Dennis,
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.
Looks like it could be a lively little GTG as I think Julian may be able to join us too!

bat Mar 7th, 2006 06:18 AM

Dennis:
Sorry if this is too late for you to see before your departure, I have been of-line for a few days.

Have a great trip. It will be interesting to see what a difference the time of year makes--and your memory of the first trip will be fresh.

bat Mar 7th, 2006 06:30 AM

I just saw your post to sonali that you leave at 7am Hawaii time so since I am east coast time I am getting in under the wire--let me add Happy Birthday also--how great to be spending it at Luanga River Lodge.

matnikstym Mar 7th, 2006 09:04 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes! Just waiting for my ride to the airport and I'm off! Leely, slightly more than 26, but who's counting! Bat, yes it should be a great birthday! Kavey, see ya Friday! Thanks again everybody!
Alooooooooooha! :) :) :)

cooncat Mar 7th, 2006 09:07 AM

Hope you got my e-mail.... if not, happy, happy birthday and ... here's hoping the leopards will be there to help you celebrate!

((@))