Egypt Tour Operators

Old Sep 15th, 1998, 06:02 AM
Azima

Egypt Tour Operators

Can anyone recommend a good tour company in Egypt that can provide a historical perspective beyond the usual tourist type jargon. Are there any places away from the beaten track that merit a visit? <BR>Is January a good time to visit Egypt? <BR>

Old Sep 19th, 1998, 04:22 PM
MK

January is a fine time to visit, it is the high season. WEather very comfortable. Check out TourEgypt.net <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 19th, 1998, 09:17 PM
Judy

Take a look at Special Expeditions...we are going with them in November for a ten day tour/cruise. Very small group..have experts along...they offer a ten day and 18 day tour.

Old Nov 9th, 1998, 06:01 PM
Joanna

I can recommend Abercrombie & Kent - our Nile cruise had an archaeologist on board, but this was going back quite a few years now. I do know they still have a very good reputation. In 92 I did the Thomas Cook cruise (Cairo/Aswan - 12 days) and there were two archaeologists on board, who also gave lectures. They were also very good.

Old Nov 9th, 1998, 06:05 PM
Joanna

Further to the above, the T. Cook cruise took us to a few places where most cruises don't go, such as Tell el Amarna. The Fayum is also worth seeing - our tour guide organised a private bus for us (we were a group of 3) for a day trip. You can visit the Dashur pyramid, for example.