Al Hamra Fort Hotel

Oct 5th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Al Hamra Fort Hotel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently,if so can you tell me about the service in general. Food etc.

Thanks
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:37 AM

We stayed there in February 2001. It is nice hotel, but quite isolated (70 km - 45 miles from Dubai airport).

Room was nice, good service and food, and a nice bar.

At the time, they were building additional villas nearby which was a bit of nuisance, but the villas are now complete.
Nov 1st, 2004, 11:51 PM
Original Poster

We have just come back from the Al Hamra & we didn't like it at all. We had booked a junior suite with sea view & we were assigned a normal sea view room right next to a buliding site. We called them from the room & said there must have been some mistake bcoz we had booked a junior suite. The receptionist told me he would get back to me in 2 minutes. after 45 minutes I called him back & asked what was happening he said they were still checking & would let me know in 5 minutes. An hour later we were still waiting. I went to the reception & was told the hotel was full & they wouldn't be able to change our room until the next day. I said that I couldn't understand why they had left us waiting for 2 hours if they knew the hotel was full & they couldn't change the room. They assured me the next morning our suite would be available so we left it at that bcoz it was 11pm & we still had to go for dinner. We went to the Italian restaurant & ordered pasta, when it arrived we saw that it wasn't what we had ordered. the waiter showed me the menu again & I told him thet it was a different menu from what he had given us. He checked all the menus & found out he had given us old menus. We thought heavens where have we landed up. The next morning we went to the reception & asked to see the new room. The new room was a bigger room, but still right next to the building site & there was no sea view but a building in front. I went to the reception & told them to call us a taxi to take us to the Jumeirah beach hotel which is where we usually stay & that we wouldn't be paying for last nights room. Suddenly, miraculously a junior suite with sea view turned up, I still wanted to leave but my husband said that he didn't want to waste another day changing hotels so we decided to stay as we were only there for 6 nights. The sea was also pretty terrible full of seaweed & murky. I can't think why we ever thought about staying at this hotel when we've always really enjoyed our stay at the Jumeirah. You live & learn.

Search this Thread