Akeru Safari Lodge

Aug 18th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Akeru Safari Lodge

Hi all,
I'm just about to commit myself and my family to a four day stay in Akeru Safari Lodge in the Timabavati. I've seen one good review of it elsewhere and no bad reviews, but I would be interested if anyone has any info/opinions about it.

Thanks!
Sep 7th, 2005, 01:08 AM

My husband and I just left Akeru and it was absolutely amazing! We stayed 3 nights but I really wish it would have been longer. The food was gourmet (and my husband is a foodie), the staff was extremely hospitable, the chalets so comfortable and beautiful, and the game drives were fantastic. I really could not recommend Akeru highly enough. They really went out of their way to make all the guests feel at home. One of our fellow guests had just spent a few nights at Chitwa Chitwa and while they enjoyed it, they really liked the accommodations at Akeru better. The website says they have no electricity, but each chalet does have one outlet for a fan and for charging things (like camera batteries). It was an absolutely amazing experience and if we ever make it back to South Africa, we'l definitely stay at Akeru again.

Search this Thread