Airport hotels @PE & CPT

Mar 3rd, 2001, 08:32 AM
Woody

Airport hotels @PE & CPT

Hi

Can anyone suggest a cheap hotel close to Port Elizabeth and Capetown airports. I shall be arriving late into PE and then later on in our trip I shall be leaving Capetown very early. Hopefully suggested hotels would have a shuttle service to the airports.

Also I will be needing a car for one way trip from PE to CPT. Any suggestions on who might be the cheapest.

Thanks in advance.

Woody

Mar 3rd, 2001, 09:23 AM
lee

No hotels close to CT airport. The drive is about 20 minutes from downtown. Get your hotel to order a shuttle in advance and confirm it if they do have their own.

Mar 6th, 2001, 05:34 AM
tracy

Second the posting about hotels in Cape Town - but an airport shuttle is pretty standard. If you're not stuck on facilities in the hotels and are really just looking for a clean room try the Town/City/Road Lodge group. You can get from one side of Port Elizabeth to the other in about 10 minutes, 15 if it's peak hour! and the airport is right in the heart of the city so shuttles to the airport are not really a big deal in PE. They are really friendly people though so you could probably arrange something with your hotel. For cheap care hire try Tempest Car Hire - they usually advertise the cheapest rates.

Mar 21st, 2001, 11:55 AM
USFlyer

You can also try the Holiday Inn in PE. It is 5 mins from the airport-we had a 6:30am flight to JNB and it was very convenient

Search this Thread