Notices

airline in israel

Mar 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

airline in israel

Hi while in israel the end of May we would like to fly to Eilat for 3 days.Can i wait until i arrive in Israel and book it few days before or must i book it from the states to ensure seats.In addition would i be paying more by booking the flight in less than 7 days prior to departure.Thank you for any help
Mar 19th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Eli

The two airlines flying to Eilat have an online reservation site and there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to book a few days ahead.
Don't know about their rates, but you should be able to find all answers there.

http://www.israirairlines.com/
http://www.arkia.com/
Mar 21st, 2008, 09:05 AM
ALF

I don't think that there is any advantage to waiting to book the flights until you get to Israel. My only advice is to not expect the flight back from Eilat to (presumably) Ben Gurion to be on time. Both times we've done this, our flight was canceled or delayed by over 2 hours. In one case, we had allowed a 3-hour layover before boarding a flight to the States, and we made it by the skin of our teeth after begging to get on a different carrier. It seems to me that Arkia has better on-time service and more flights with larger planes goin into/out of Eilat.
Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM

Hi,
Most of the flights go to Tlv domestic airport (Sede Dov) wich is 35-40 min. drive from the international airport. It would be better to book the flight in advance.
Good luck
Adi

Search this Thread