Airline Consolidators

Jun 1st, 2004, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Airline Consolidators

I am considering using an Airline consolidator outfit here in NYC to buy our British Airways ticket to Nairobi. Is this a good way to get cheap tickets? Anyone know of a consolidator who could work with my very specific itinerary, ie, New York-London Sept 2, overnight at the airport Hilton, London-Nairobi September 3, Nairobi-New York via London September 19? Thanks!
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:50 AM
sandi

Which consolidator are you using and what fare are they offering.

Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

I found a round trip on travelocity for $1173, which I think is a very good fare for September. Travel Vision (at 56 W 45th Street Suite 1205 New York 10036 212-869-8600) said they could get me the same itinerary for $50-100 dollars less.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:43 AM
sandi

styleoracle -

Your post:
>>I found a round trip on travelocity for $1173, which I think is a very good fare for September.<<

Yes, that is a good fare and I presume includes all the taxes! Have you contacted BA and asked if they can match it. Sometimes airlines will do match a fare, and you don't have the "possible" problem of standby if a flight is late, or being put up in a hotel if a longer delay, or meal vouchers, etc. I'm sure none of this will happen, but it's always something to think about. So if the BA fare is only a few $$ more, I'd consider going direct with BA. That way you are BAs client, not a Travelocity client; besides don't you have to pay to have the Travelocity tickets delivered?

>>Travel Vision (at 56 W 45th Street Suite 1205 New York 10036 212-869-8600) said they could get me the same itinerary for $50-100 dollars less<<

I just read thru your previous posts, so am I understanding correctly that you are working with CCAfrica directly? If so, then for $50 - $100 (is that in total? or per person?)I'd ask CCAfrica how a company in NY can offer their (CCA) properties for less money? I also wonder whether the NY company can guarantee the properties you wish to book are available; you don't want last minute changes. Also consider that by staying at CCAfrica properties, these are considered top-of-the-line, so in the scheme of things, is $50 - $100 too much to pay so as not to be working with a middleman. And remember that the NY company will be working with an outfitter in Kenya/Tanzania - adding another layer of people to deal with versus working direct with the company who owns the properties.

Also, have you checked out Travel Vision with the Better Business Bureau - how long have they been in business, any problems with the company, etc. These are all things for you to consider, but in the end have to be your decision.

Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Actually, we are dealing with CCAfrica directly for our tour, but they do not handle the international portion of our flights unless we request them to. I thought I could save money by finding the flights myself. I will check Travel Vision with the BBB. Thanks as always!

Search this Thread