Airfare to JBO and out of NBO

Sep 18th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Airfare to JBO and out of NBO

Hi Going next August or Sept. Has anyone done this route? I'm having trouble finding arifare prices under $2200. Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly into NBO and out of NBO. Any help with travel sitesfor airfare? Does anyone know if it woud be cheaper after Sept 15th? Thanks
Sep 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Hi purple,

Where are you flying from? We are flying SFO-JRO in June: cost was $2300 pp. I didn't see anything much lower than that, especially b/c our flight dates were pretty inflexible and it turns out we're flying on a weekend.

Last time we went we did fly in and out of NBO for $1650 but that was July 2004. Fuel prices were lower then, too. This time I looked into it and didn't see a significant savings w/NBO, especially when I factored in at least 1 flight either to or from JRO, an overnight in Nairobi and additional visa costs. Too bad, because I wanted to return to the Sheldrick orphanage and vist the National Museum which I haven't yet visited.

I did write to a couple of discounters, but they said it was too early for sale or discount fares. That didn't work for us b/c we need to be in Arusha on a particular day.

But if you're willing to be flexible, try capecairo.com, ukair./com...and I'll try to find some others.
Sep 19th, 2005, 11:00 AM

Leely,
You wouldn't have been able to visit the National Museum anyway as it appears to be closing this October for major renovations and isn't scheduled to re-open until June 2007 - http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?s...5066961282K536

You can breathe a sigh of relief now

I was planning to visit in November and was bummed to find out about this

purple,
Where are you flying from? I would wait to purchase your airfare. I think it's too early to be looking for Aug/Sep of next year.

Fares RT Nairobi are likely to be cheaper as there's more competition. Just consider how you'll be getting from NBO to JRO if starting your safari in Tanzania. You'll need to add one way airfare (or other means of transportation) and possibly an overnight in Nairobi depending on flight schedules.
Sep 19th, 2005, 11:07 AM

Patty,
Sounds like a good reason to go to Kenya in the summer of 2007.
Sep 25th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

We will be flying from Chicago to JFK then off to JRO. Flying out of NBO backhome

Most consolidators won't give me a price for next August September just yet. But it seeems prices go down in September???? Has anyone found that leaving on a particular day of the week is cheaper? Need to see airfare since I want to book our trip ASAP. thanks
Sep 26th, 2005, 04:01 AM

Hello all to NBO or JRO. I have been there several times and going again in Jan. It is always cheaper to fly to NBO I can even get wholesale tickets. Fares are not posted more then 10 or 11 months in advance. If I can answer questions let me know.

Search this Thread