Airfare help

Feb 16th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Airfare help

Unlike my previous trips when I used a "one stop does it all" Africa agent, I may be making some of my own intra-Africa air arrangements on an upcoming trip, such as Lusaka-Nairobi, Nairobi-Kilimanjaro, and maybe some others. The companies that I am considering for land arrangements do not do air. How would you suggest I go about making the air travel reservations? Also any suggestions on good sites/consolidators for the international ticket over to Africa would be appreciated. Thanks for the advice.
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:48 AM

For the international portion, try trekkerstravel.com. I've used this company before and have no complaints. As far as I can tell, the prices are good.
Feb 16th, 2005, 02:02 PM

Dear plaid dude: Searched the web and f/u on adds for days looking for affordable int'l air fares to Africa (our safari company, Roy Safaris, does customized, exclusive use land and intra-Africa air,only). This did give us an idea of what was out there-- fares, conditions, etc. When we thought we'd found the best price and itinerary on our own, called our travel agent to see if she could do better. She did via consolidators. You can go cheaper, but in the end you don't want to waste your time with an 8-hr layover in Europe, or an overnight stay in Nairobi. Get to your destination sooner and begin your trip! KLM is a good site to explore.
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:32 AM
sandi

How are you getting to Lusaka? Whomever arranged that flight should be able to get good fare on the Lusaka/Nairobi leg. As to the NBO/JRO, any land operator (especially if in-country Kenya or Tanzania) worth their salt should be able to get this connection, and the intra-Tanzania and/or Kenya flights.

Even if you check the Air Kenya, Safari Link, Precision Air, Kenya Air or Tanzania Air websites, there are flights missing and even prices. Best you work with an in-country outfitter - they have all the info/schedules/fares right in front of them.

Search this Thread