Airfair to Nairobi

Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Original Poster

Airfair to Nairobi

Hi all,

My husband and I are planning to travel from SFO to Nairobi from around 12-15 of dec to towards the end of december. The air prices are killer - $1700 each.
Does anyone know of any consolidated rates or any way of getting cheaper rates (besides traveling at another time!)

Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:24 AM

Hello,

I'm not sure what routing you're taking, but you may be able to save a bit of money by coming via London. You can often get fare from London to Nairobi for around £450, about $808. I just priced an SFO-London rountrip on Virgin (dep Dec12, ret Dec 30), and it came out at $677.43 -- that's about $1400 total.

To get the lowest London fares, you'll need to be willing to connect in Amsterdam, Paris, or another European city. If you want to go direct, it works out to about £600, which is a bit more than $1000, and you're back to $1700.

Cheers,
Julian

Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:26 AM

If you have enough ff miles to get to Europe, you can save additional money.

Cheers,
Julian
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:33 AM

If you can get some cheap fare to the east coast you can connect with Ethiopian via Addis Ababa or with Emirates ( non stop JFK to Dubai ) and then connect to Nairobi.
Have you tried KLM/NW ? Fly via Amsterdam, daily to Nairobi.
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:29 AM

A word of warning about purchasing 2 separate tickets. You're not protected in case of delays. If your flight on ticket A is delayed and causes you to miss your flight on ticket B, neither issuing airline will be responsible. Worse case scenario you may have a purchase another ticket to get to your final destination. Make sure you allow plenty of time in between if you decide to go this route.

Search this Thread