Air ticket - Tel Aviv - Eilat

Oct 12th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Air ticket - Tel Aviv - Eilat

I plan to purchase a round trip ticket from Tel Aviv to Eilat. Will fares be cheaper if I book from the US or should I wait and do it in Israel?

I noticed on one airline site that there are different fares for Israelis and tourists, but don't know which group is charged more. If you're not of Israeli nationality, does it matter if you book inside or outside Israel?

Any information on these fares is appreciated. I'll be travelling during 2nd half of November, if that's helpful.

Thanks!!
Nov 13th, 2005, 09:34 AM

Prices for Israelis tend to be more expensive because they pay VAT - about 17% I believe. Tourists are not subject to the VAT with airlines, car rentals, hotels and therefore get a different price (tip - charge all spa, restaurant expenses you make at your hotel to your room and upon checkout you will have a 17% discount on these expenses, you have to charge these expenses to your room though).

Anyway, we flew Arkia airlines between Eilat and Tel Aviv and the prices are reasonable (tried to reserve online (http://www.arkia.co.il), did not work for some reason, so I called the Israeli phone number (while in the US) to reserve the flight. If you are staying in Tel Aviv, I recommend flying through Tel Aviv Sde Dov airport which is 10 minutes by taxi fromthe beach hotels in Tel Aviv.

Search this Thread