Air Fares to Israel

Oct 6th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Air Fares to Israel

We're thinking of taking a trip to Israel next August, but so far the air fares are way too high for our blood (at least at the usual spots--Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity). Has anyone had success getting _relatively_ inexpensive air fares from New York to Israel? Is Priceline a viable alternative? All advice will be much appreciated.
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:15 PM

It's really too early to expect competitive pricing for next summer - the airline people will all be factoring "worst case" scenarios for fuel prices, etc. into their models. I'd wait at least until later this winter to firm things up.

That said, Delta has just announced a new service from Atlanta to TLV, and people are expecting that to start pushing prices down (more volume, more competitive.) Nothing's turned up yet on start date or pricing, but the buzz on flyertalk.com is that some deals to Israel may be in the works. Whether they'd last all the way to August, who knows?
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM

I usually start checking Summer prices to Israel in February-March. At this time NOBODY knows prices, including the airlines themselves...
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM

,,,But based on the past, I'd say any NY-TLV ticket for Summer that's around $950 -- is a fair price, and with fuel prices soaring, even a good deal....

Search this Thread