African safaris

Dec 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

African safaris

Has anyone stayed at the Sussie Lodge in Zambia? If so, would you be kind enough to tell me about your experience with regard to game viewing, guides, room accommodations, meals, etc. Also, Kings Camp in Kruger has been recommended by my travel agent and I would love to hear any comments anyone has about it. Thank you.
Dec 13th, 2005, 09:02 PM
africa_lover

I stayed in Kings Camp, timbavati in MAy this year and in August 2001.
Allthough it is not as fancy as Simbambili or Londolozi it has a very nice athmosphere.
We have seen all of the big 5 on the 2 occasions and in 2001 we even saw a pack of wilddogs.
If you want, I can try to upload some pictures of the lodge on the internet?
Also you can be offered a private dinner here on a special occasion, they also offer bush dinners, boma dinners and dinner in the restaurant.
Great care is taken of details in the rooms.

Dec 13th, 2005, 10:50 PM
africa_lover

this is the link to the photos I took at Kings Camp, Timbavati

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...4&conn_speed=1

Dec 13th, 2005, 10:51 PM
africa_lover

if the link doesn't work, email me and I will send you the link to share the photos

[email protected]

Dec 14th, 2005, 05:12 AM

Kakki, I topped Part 1 of my review from last year that includes info about our stay @ Sussi & Chuma - I assume this is the same lodge you're referring to. (Botswana & Vic Falls - Part 1 (General) -- First Timer Reporting). There have been other comments about Sussi as well which you can find by doing a search. I don't think any of the reports were glowing. We had a great time at Vic Falls, but if we were to go back we would find somewhere else to stay.

I also topped Part 5 of my review which is more specific to the things we did in Vic Falls.
Dec 14th, 2005, 05:16 AM

Ooops - meant to give Kakki a link as well.

The attached link is for our photo album from our safari last year - Sussi and Zambia photos start with 256.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/eerkun...rkun/my_photos

Search this Thread