Africa trip -summer 2001

Jan 3rd, 2001, 04:12 PM
becky

Africa trip -summer 2001

My friend and I are hopefully planning a trip to Africa. A little overwhelmed at what to see and how to see it. Africa is so enormous, and overwhelming but its also on the top of my list of places where I want to go to. Im sorry if this is a little vague. I was wondering what is the best way to find out about tours, or where in Africa would be a good place to go to. Going on a safari is probably what we would like to do. We both love the outdoors and want to see as much wildlife and the outdoors as possible. Thanks in advance.

Jan 4th, 2001, 03:56 AM
Bert

The best advice I can give you is not to try to do too much in one trip. Pick one area (which could straddle more than one country) and try to spend enough time there so that you will gain the maximum possible understanding & appreciation for all that it has to offer (people, culture, wildlife, etc.) For wildlife and the outdoors, Northern Botswana would be an excellent choice & you can include Victoria Falls and Hwange in Zimbabwe, if you had enough time. For the best combination of wildlife and culture, East Africa (Kenya & Tanzania) would be a good choice.

Jan 8th, 2001, 02:45 AM
Riche

Hi Becky
We are safari and tour operators in Africa. I am South African and have traveeled extensively in most African countries.
Please visit our website
www.tourism.to
And then write if you need more information and/or assistance
Best wishes
Riche

Search this Thread