Africa Lodges: Please HELP!!!

Jul 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Original Poster

Africa Lodges: Please HELP!!!

Have narrowed down our accomodation list for our honeymoon trip to South Africa. I need your advice to help me choose three from below. We plan to stay 2 nights in each lodge.
(1) Ulusaba
(2) Londolozi (Safari Lodge Only)
(3) Lion Sands River Lodge
(4) Jock's Safari Lodge
(5) Savanna
(6) Mala-mala Main or Harry's Camp
Please help! Just need three of the above!! Need a combination of comfort, food, great rangers, service, etc. Not just looking for something romantic, since this is our first safari, we would also experience and authentic trip!
Jul 30th, 2004, 06:18 AM
OSC

I would suggest staying at two lodges for 3 nights each. I think you will find two nights too rushed to really enjoy the lodge. Of the lodges you listed, my picks would be Ulusaba and Londolozi.
Jul 30th, 2004, 11:53 AM

I believe that your choice depends upon what you want from each of the lodges. For instance, animal viewing is my primary goal. So, since the animals don't know how much I'm paying, I chose Inyati, which is next door to Ulusaba (Mala Mala was booked for my dates). Inyati has traversing rights over Ulusaba territory, and visa versa. At the very least, you should do two things: (1) look at the map of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve at www.uyaphi.com; and (2) read the many extremely informative posts at this site by "Safarinut" with respect to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve and its many lodges.
Jul 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Dot

I hate to add another choice, but we stayed at Simbambili last November and had an amazing time. The staff, food and game viewing all were fabulous -- and the private plunge pools amazing.

Think...dinner on your private balcony...sipping a cocktail in the plunge pool while watching zebra and giraffe drink on the savannah below. The bathrooms are amazing, too.

Search this Thread